The Contender 44 Step Tournament is the culmination of decades of fishing boat building experience. After 35 years, Contender Boats delivered their largest, most anticipated boat to date, the 44ST. With a beam of 3.65 metres and a length of 13.36 metres, a fuel capacity of 2,271-litres and a 2,000 max hp rating, this is a boat built for the blue water. Ribbon Reef mayhem while chasing granders is what this boat is made for. Powered with triple or quad engine configurations the Contender 44ST excels in every category. Speed, performance, and reliability.
The Contender 44 Step Tournament rides superbly thanks to Contender’s twin Stepped Hull which decreases planning time, flattens the bow lift of a conventional hull, and aids top end speed across the water. It also improves turning stability. A true performance fishing hull.
Offering complete around the clock fishing the bow and stern are uncluttered and open with no impediments to movement. There are multiple lined storage compartments located at the bow and behind the console and a twin live well set up in the transom.
The captain’s console on the Contender 44 Step Tournament will accommodate multi-screen layouts with no limitations on size. There is a small seat at the front of the console with more storage underneath. Inside the console you can add a toilet for convenience.
The helm seating consists of bench-like, individually appointed seating with rod storage and tackle storage behind. There is also an option for a slide out esky/seat facing aft. More storage can be found under the seats.
Atop the standard hard T-top, you can option up with a Custom fishing tower. These towers are built to get the captain up high and maintain an excellent visual over the working area of the boat. Keep an eye on the crew or spot birds a mile away. By getting above the water you find more fish and have a better chance of landing them. Once you have been in one, you will see the advantage of a captain level crow’s nest.
Capable of a triple or quad engine set up, the Contender 44 Step Tournament is certain to take you anywhere you want to go.
- Forward anchor locker with storage
- 264 litre water capacity
- 1287 litre forward fish box
- 1192 litre forward storage
- 2 x 25 cm rod lockers
- 2 x 416 litre aft fish boxes
- 2 x 208 litre transom live wells
- 20 cm pop-up cleat
- Heavy duty bow lifting ring in floor peak locker
- 2 x heavy duty stern lifting rings
- 2 x 25 cm stern cleats
- 2 x 20 cm cleats with hause pipes – midship
- 4 x flush mount gunnel rod holders
- Custom aluminium recessed bow handrail
- Oversized electronics panel
- Lockable storage inside console
- Heavy duty stainless steel hardware
- Non-skid cockpit sole and deck
- Heavy duty rub rail
- International lighting
- Dual hydraulic steering with power assist pump
- Livorsi trim tabs (recessed)
- Waterproof switches and breaker panel with indicator lights
- 2000 GPH auto/manual bilge pump
- High speed compass
- Additional battery with switch
- Head, electric with Y-valve on slide
- Console, M-series with LED light (large) (44)
- Console, counter, Corian (select colours in options)
- Switch panel moved up on dash
- Teak package, inside console
- T-top, hard top, M-series (fibreglass)
- Enclosure, polycarbon, M-series (Isan glass)
- Finger grip hand rails on T-top
- 2 x livewell plumbing 1100 GPH (each)
- 6 x under gunnel rod racks
- Cleat, bow (pop-up) and lifting eye
- Fresh water system
- Shrink wrap
- Joystick piloting option, Mercury outboards
- Navigation light
- Steering wheel, stainless steel with knob
- Tilt steering helm with second cylinder
- Standard Contender logo
- Cushions exterior (select colours in options)
- Gel coat colours (select colours in options)
Contender 44 Step Tournament running
About Contender Boats
Contender are a U.S manufacturer with over three decades of experience building the world’s finest semi-custom sportfishing boats. Boats that are carefully engineered and meticulously hand-crafter. Not because it is the east way, but because they have a reputation to uphold. A reputation of building boats that out-perform and out-last. A reputation that drives Contender to push the envelope even further, every day.
Contenders are built for fun, built to fish, and built for you! Every Contender is built with hand laid fiberglass using a multi-directional fabric and foam cored solid glass stringer system. The hull is laminated solid fiberglass using biaxial and triaxial cloths, structural PVC core sandwich construction, vinyl ester resins and specially formulated gel coats for a high gloss mirror like finish.
Every hull includes raised transom live wells, flush mount bow rails, a bow anchor locker, and a self-bailing cockpit. Unlike some mass production boat builders, Contender pride themselves on keeping this experience personal. Your Contender is made for you. Your experience is hands on. To customise each component of the vessel from hull size and power, to console and electronics packages. Right down to down to the type of stitching on your upholstery.
You can choose custom hard tops with full towers, stand on consoles, or canvas tops to fit your tastes and accommodate a variety of styles and applications. Console options include vertical rod holders, electronics mounting layout options, customs witch locations, and all-around toe kick. A variety of colours and finishes are available with custom styled stitching patterns for forward and rear seating. Rig your electronics for fishing, navigation, general comfort, and personal convenience. Contender provide the options to suit your needs.
Being a semi-custom builder allows Contender to craft boats that excel in tournament fishing, family outings, commercial work, and everything in-between. It allows them to work behind the scenes to ensure each boat delivers the ultimate performance, strength, durability, and comfort you expect from a Contender. 35 years of experience gives Contender the runs on the board.